Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Week 17 12/23/19 CORBETT WEEK


  I'm on the 11 week of training and I have to lead basically everything we do. My comps been hyping up this week since my first day with him. I had no idea what I was doing half the time but I learned a lot.
First recap of funny dumb things this week. 
-I straight just ran into a metal pole and it made that sound like I'm the cartoons. Super funny.
- member fed us mole enchiladas (gross food) right after talking about how bad it is for our stomach and how gross it is. 
-we watched Polar Express at our Christmas party. 
-we absolutely killed it in the ward and mission talent show with our perfect dance to in poco loco. 

Any ways this week was awesome. We started CORBETT week with some solid contacting after an appointment fell through. I had no idea what to do so we said a prayer and just started in a good direction. We started talking to this young man named John going in to his house with a dog. He was pretty interested so he sat down with us and we taught him about finding spiritual answers through the book of Mormon. He was super in to it and we both felt that we needed to talk to him about baptisms. He committed to baptism and is pretty excited. 
Then we went to an appointment with a cute couple we contacted on the convi. We had a rough day and were lacking energy but they are just the best people ever. Silvia is super pregnant with their first child and Fernando is working and studying right now so they don't have a lot of money. They still went and bought us cookies to eat while we talked and warmed up hot coco. They are nervous for a new baby so we taught the restoration of the gospel and how this church is the best place to raise and cultivate a strong happy family. We all felt the spirit super strong teaching us all the truthfulness of the message. We asked Fernando to offer the last prayer. He was a lil nervous but he gave a beautiful prayer and again we all felt the spirit super strong and after he said he felt really good. We explained that that's the holy ghost and it's telling home he's doing what's right. He asked if we do marriages (they aren't married, very common here). He also said he's not babtised out of nowhere. I love that couple so much. They are just awesome people already. 
Christmas is this week and hope everyone has an awesome Christmas remembering the why of this season. I invite everyone to watch the Christ child video for the first time or again this week. It's so beautiful and just shows the humility in his story and his life. 

Siempre hasta luego y feliz navidad y prospreo año y felizidad. 

-Love Elder Corbett



(Family only)

I have so many more stories and thing I want to share each week about how my testimony has grown in Christ. The apostles felt pretty similar too. John 21:25" And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen" and amen John I can't write them all cause he does to much good in my life each and every day. 
I know that Christ lives. He is the only way back to God. I testify that he is our savior. He love each and every one of us and gave his life. His entire earthy life, from birth to death, all for us. All for other. I know this things because the holy ghost has made it manifest and I have felt his expiacion and his love very powerfully in my life. Remember him always.

Merry Christmas family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment