Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Week 15 12/9/19 MCSTRAW DAY



We had the Mexico general authority visit and tell us a few things. He told us to work with members and also to set inspired goals. It's was spiritual and also very confusing at times cause he only spoke Spanish.  I was a bit lost at times. Good stuff though. Spanish is coming along great. :)missions are just peachy

We had CORBETT day a couple weeks ago when I got super sick but now it's my comps turn.  He ate a bunch of  Burger King for his birthday.  He then started getting tummy problems and then just was totally wrecked the rest of the week. (Lesson: don't eat state food in Mexico). Then at the start of the week I was getting terrible migraines. So the whole week one of was some kind of sick. We still had some awesome Milagros. We have started teaching a familia flores of like 12 and they approached us to be taught. I feel they're going to progress pretty nicely. Then their neighbors are even more ready. Family Colin Noranjo(?). They are just gold. They ask all the questions we usually have to fight for people to do or ask. They've asked for a book of Mormon and promised to read. They asked where church was and then showed up!!!! But also with a vecina (neighbor) it's CRAZY! They have so much love for God and just love in general. I can't wait to see their progress this week. 

We also got to eat with a member that's husband is pure American. He doesn't know really Spanish so it was just a great meal filled with the latest movies that have come out and just inside info on the states. I don't really care I was missing stuff until he said the new Mandalorian series of star wars is to die for. So now I'm just dyeing inside waiting for that. Hahaha

On a more spiritual note though...
In Matthew 22: 37-40 Jesus explains the two greatest commandments. 1) LOVE your God with all thy heart, soul, mind and 2)LOVE his children as you LOVE yourself. Verse 40 says though that all other laws/commandments hang on these two. 
Wow. I thought about those 4 verses a lot this week. I sometimes feel it hard to experience the great joy of sharing the gospel talked about all over in the scriptures and general conference. I started thinking though... Why am I sharing this gospel !?  I think my motive has been a lot of  obligation and to feel like I'm doing the right thing cause a book I know is true with all my heart said so. But if I'm doing these things not out of a place of love of course I'm not going to enjoy it. Once I realized I've had some awesome experiences of just feeling pure joy and love for the people here. I just love this gospel so much and all the joy and hope it can bring into people's lives. 
I want everyone back home to know I love them and that this gospel is a gospel of loving others. So this Christmas season go show it and share that love. 

Love, Elder CORBETT 

PS Elder CORBETT does in fact accept email from anyone and everyone so pls send email of anything cause (I) he would love to hear from ya'll. 

For fam-- I want an email from everyone of the testimony of Jesus Christ and, if they feel inclined,  How they received it.


No comments:

Post a Comment