Monday, October 7, 2019

Week 1 8-31-19


Week 1 8/31/19
A lot of things I want to say so sorry for it not being very cohesive. 
So the MTC was great for the first and second day. We get here and everyone's saying bienvenidos to me, which mean welcome but it's kind of like, hey newbie. The foods is ight, it's cafeteria food but Mexican and kind of better. The pineapple is awesome though. I eat a whole small plate full, every meal. Look up what lots of pineapple does to you for me and email me. Also its super pretty here. The mountains are super cool and I want to just go hike them. Also they give you a class on meditation, kind of. I learned how to become a mattress. it was so funny. Everyone here is awesome and everything is so funny.

 After day 2 though everything kicks in and they start actually doing teaching and bearing your testimony. Its super stressful cause mi compenero knows so much Spanish and I know so little. He kind of talks most the time and I just read my little script I prepare. Its super hard to learn a new language with 3 years of French stuck in your brain. That's the only thing I don't like about the CCM, all the language expectations and feeling so far behind. I've been working really hard and try to speak as much as possible when I ask questions and talk to people. mi compenero helps a lot with pronunciation. I've talked to a few Latinos and they are so funny to talk to. They always read my name tag and say ohhh corvette. and then goo VRROOOM VRROOOMM . it's funny.

Some spiritual thoughts I've had after this morning, a couple general authority spoke to us.  Some of the things that I got from it.
1) master the natural man then listen to the spirit. 
      I need to sacrifice my worldly desires to be able to be more in tune with the spirit.
2 ) humble myself to the spirit and fear not in the work. 
      even though I don't know what anyone is saying in Spanish yet, I need to be humble to the work I need to do, to be able to learn it. I also need to learn the language of the spirit which is more important than learning Spanish. I also need to follow those promptings without fear.
3) I need to give myself to the lord and lose myself for his sake. 
    Jesus gave himself for me so I should do the same for him. He literally gave his entire life from beginning to end to help me return back to Heavenly Father so this is the least I can do. 

Anyways I love you guys and miss you all like crazy.  Love to hear more from you guys. austin.corbett@missionary.org. suggestions on how to better learn a language are moy beinvenidos. anyways hasta luego.

por mi madre .FOR MOM please correct all the spelling mistakes before sending out to everyone love you thanks. I'll be back to talk friday morning or some time Friday so be ready for a Google hangout call. I tried dad but ya'll weren't ready I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment