Monday, February 3, 2020

Week 22 1/27/20 Learn the why of the gospel first!


Holy cow I feel like there's not a single week here that something doesn't happen. This week we got cornered by dogs twice. Also Miguel said he feels baptism is the right step for him. WOAH

Holy cow I'm tired. Anyways We found a ton of new people this week. I did interchanges with the zone leaders this week. I went with a elder that was in my area for 8 months so he showed me a ton of old people they were teaching. Me and my normal comp went to one yesterday. She started off by saying she didn't want to change and she couldn't. "Im not living the commandments but I'm happy with my 'sin'." It was really sad. She didn't understand at all why God gives us commandments. I just bore my testimony of how when I wasn't living the commandments very well, I thought too I was happy. But with the help of Christ I was able realize a new and better way to live. She changed throughout our talk with her. I learned that we can tell people the things of the gospel and tell them to do it but that's not conversion. They need to understand why and act on faith in the promises of the lord. They need to actually desire these things. LOOOOOVE being a missionary. 

GUESS WHAT FELLAS?!? The Come Follow Me program is awesome. We did it as a house this week. It was super spiritual and awesome. Come Follow Me when done can help you and your family grow so much together. You will invite the spirit into your life. Through the spirit you will grow your conversion to Christ and the atonement.  I feel so much closer to everyone of the people that I live with now. 

*Invite y'all to do come follow me with a real desire to learn and grow your faith. I promise that you will.*

(Maybe one week I'll have pics again who knows)

Love Elder Corbett 

No comments:

Post a Comment